DATE OF GRADUATION: FRIDAY, JUNE 10, 2016. The ceremony begins at 10:00 am in the BHS Gymnasium. Graduates must arrive by 9:00 am to line up in the cafeteria.
GRADUATION REHEARSAL: THURSDAY, JUNE 9 AT 8:30 AM SHARP! Students must attend rehearsal if planning to participate in the Graduation Ceremony. Seniors pick up Caps and Gowns on Thursday, June 9th between 7:30-8:30 a.m. Rehearsal will begin promptly at 8:30. The cap and gown set costs $20 each (check made out to Balfour). A reminder: All iPads, textbooks, library books, uniforms, and other school resources must be returned, and all fines and fees paid, BEFORE students can participate in the graduation ceremony.
TICKETS: Seniors can pick up their free graduation tickets starting on Wednesday, May 25 in the Student Affairs Office. Seniors are allowed 4 tickets each. Seniors not needing all 4 tickets are encouraged to return their unwanted tickets OR to pass them on to other students who want more than 4 tickets.
EXTRA TICKETS NEEDED?: Please contact Wilhemina Kirk (864-8406 or email@example.com) in the Main Office if you need to request additional tickets.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS YEAR'S GRADUATION CEREMONY, PLEASE CHOOSE FROM THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
|Graduation Program||Special Needs Accommodations|
|Graduation Attire||Alternative Ways To View the Graduation Ceremony|
|Senior Requirements to Participate in the Graduation Ceremony|
WATCH GRADUATION LIVE ONLINE, LATER ON CABLE TV, AND ANYTIME ON DVD!
1. Watch Graduation LIVE ONLINE. WATCH HERE!
2. Watch it again on cable TV. Tune in to RETN Channel 16 on Comcast and Burlington Telecom in the Champlain Valley beginning Thursday, June 18, 8 p.m. and Friday, June 19, 2 p.m. Watch online at retn.org/BHS2015 after June 18.
3. Order a DVD now, and watch it anytime. SAVE $5 when you buy your DVD prior to graduation [click here]. DVDs are $20 starting graduation day. For more information, contact RETN at 802-654-7980, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- BHS Madrigal Singers performing the Star-Spangled Banner
- Welcome by a senior student leader;
- Faculty Speaker and two Senior Student Speakers all chosen by vote of the senior class;
- Recognition of seniors receiving Academic Awards;
- A moment for each graduating senior to be recognized when receiving their BHS Diploma;
- Final comments by a senior student leader.
We are fortunate to be able to hold the graduation ceremony in the BHS Gymnasium given its large capacity and the parking we arrange throughout the campus. The ceremony is held in the morning when temperatures are cooler with students then able to go on with their families to lunches, picnics, and other weekend celebratory events.
- Length of gown is mid-calf (half-way between the knee and the ankle).
- Gowns should be pressed with an iron on LOW heat if possible.
- Dress under gowns: light weight dress, skirt or pants (no jackets), a tie for young men.
- No corsages during the ceremony. We will have a location for flowers to be kept if needed.
- Caps: Flat part is parallel to the floor. Caps should not be removed during the entire ceremony. Nothing is to be affixed to the caps.
- Tassels: Wear the tassel on the left side. Together seniors will be asked to move tassels to the right side after all seniors have received their diplomas.
- Friends and family can view the BHS graduation live on the big screen in the BHS auditorium, where there will be unlimited seating in air-conditioned comfort; this is ideal for elderly relatives and young children.
- The BHS graduation will be streamed LIVE ONLINE at www.retn.org.
SENIOR REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN GRADUATION:
In order to be eligible to participate in the Graduation Ceremony, seniors must meet the following criteria:
1. YES PROGRAM PASSING GRADE: A reminder that all seniors must have passed their assigned Year End Studies (YES) courses in order to graduate. Only one day of absence is allowed during the eleven-day program, May 27-June 10.
2. COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS: A reminder that all seniors must have turned in a total of 40 community service hours for their four years at BHS to the Student Affairs Office in order to participate in the graduation ceremony and receive a diploma. Students should turn in these hours AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
3. FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS: If students have any outstanding financial obligations to the school (textbooks, library materials, sports equipment, uniforms, library fines) during 9th-12 grades, please take care of them NOW. Students will not be able to pick up graduation tickets or participate in the ceremony until this responsibility is met.