The following schedule change for Wednesday, December 21st!
The Greater Burlington Women's Forum invites you to a FREE film screening of
the inspiring underdog story KEEPERS OF THE GAME at Burlington High School,
- Student athletes have an 11% higher graduation rate than non-athletes?
- 80% of successful businesswomen at Fortune 500 companies played sports as girls?
- Student athletes are 4x more likely to go to college.
- Female athletes are more successful in math & science
- It is estimated that 1 out of every 4 schools in the US won’t have schools sports by 2020.
- November is National Native American Heritage Month http://nativeamericanher
THIS WEEKEND'S ATHLETIC EVENTS!
Saturday Soccer State Division I Championships:
11:00am Boys: Burlington v. Essex
2:00pm Girls: Burr and Burton v. Colchester
Admission Gate Opens at 9:30am
VPA Gate is $8 Adult and $5 student/senior
Admission price is good for 2 games
Teams take field 1 hour before game
Boosters will open at 10:00am
Boys Basketball sells championship t-shirts 10:00am
XC team will be at States in Thetford at 10am
Football is at Burr and Burton for 3:00pm Semi Final game
THURSDAY! - -
The BHS Music Department will be having it's Fall Preview Concert on Thursday, October 27th at 7:00 PM in the auditorium. This concert will feature all of our large ensembles Wind Ensemble, Senior Choir, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Freshman Band, Symphonic Strings, and String Orchestra.
ALSO there will be a preview number from this years BHS Musical "Curtains"!
Thank you to everyone who attended Parent Teacher Conferences! It has been great to meet all of you and is such a helpful tool for your student's experience here at BHS to be positive and successful!
Here is a reminder to be sure to create a Canvas account. Canvas is the platform that all teachers use to log assignments, grades, quizzes, etc.
Parents - create an account by going here: https://bsdvt.instructure.com/login/canvas
You will need your student's login information in order to connect to their account.
Have questions? See this link to FAQ.
Please use this great tool to provide support to our students!
Next week BHS has 2 "special schedule" days. On Wednesday, 10th and 11th grade should arrive to school by 8:05 (for Pre-ACT and PSAT testing), and 9th and 12th graders should arrive for a 12:30 start to classes. Lunch will run from 11am - 1pm. Classes will end at the usual 3:05pm time. On Thursday, we run a half day schedule 8:05am - noon. Lunch will be served from 11am - 12:30pm.
School neighborhood special busses will continue to run as usual, in the morning and the afternoon. BHS does not get special busses to accommodate these changes in the schedule. Please plan accordingly.
Our "College Information Night" has been moved!
We are holding this meeting on October 5th, from 7:30 - 8:30AM in the BHS Auditorium.
Please note - - this event is for both parents and students of 11th and 12th graders and is now in the MORNING! We are excited about this change and hope to see you there!
Our Open House is a great opportunity to get a sense of what your student experiences here at school. You will "walk" through your student's days and classes and meet their teachers.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU!
Please click on the link below to view!
BHS Weekly Newsletter 9-14-16
Please click on the link below to view a letter from Superintendent Obeng regarding CCTA bus service policies for the 2016-2017 school year! Thank you!
Please see the link below to view a letter from the Superintendent of Schools.
We will be mailing out our Opening Day Packets to you for you to receive early next week (Aug 22-26). Please look for them in your mailbox. This mailing will contain student schedule information, picture day packets, guidance counselor information and health forms, as well as instructions for logging into PowerSchool and how to update important contact information. Online schedules will also be available to view beginning next week.
Click here for the Superintendent letter.
Please let us know if you have not received your student's report card.
BHS Boys Lacrosse: STATE CHAMPIONS!
YES Presentation of Learning Day/All School Picnic: Wednesday, June 8 - All Students at BHS at 8:05; Dismissal 12:30-1:00
Senior Graduation Rehearsal/Brunch: Thursday, June 9 - Be at BHS by 8:15
Graduation: Friday, June 10 at 10:00 a.m. - Seniors Be at BHS by 9:15
Ninth Graders Make a Change: Read all about it here
We are experiencing challenges with sending out bulk emails via Google including our weekly newsletter. As we try to resolve this issue, we will continue to post the newsletter on our website and facebook page: https://www.facebook.
Congratulations to the BHS Scholars Bowl Team who competed in the Nationals in Texas and finished 53rd out of 272 teams. Sterling Ford was named to the All-Star Team as one of the top 30 students in the tournament. Other team members: Oscar Smith, Bobby Treadwell, Mary Markley, Ben Hunt, Audrey Nicholas and advisor Kevin Commo.
The BHS Jazz Band will be performing at the top of Church Street on Tuesday, June 7 at 2:30!
Check out this 9th Grade Make a Change Project!
- BHS celebrated Patty Wesley Day in honor of her retirement at the end of the school year. Congratulations!
- Ninth Grade Orientation for incoming students and their parents is Thursday, May 26 at 7:00 p.m.
- No School on Monday, May 30 for Memorial Day. We honor and remember all those who died serving our country.
- YES continues through June 7.
- The YES Presentation of Learning Day on June 8 - the last day of school - begins at 8:05, followed by a school barbecue.
- Senior Graduation Rehearsal/Brunch on June 9 begins promptly at 8:30.
- Graduation is Friday, June 10 at 10:00 a.m
Monday, May 23 - Make Up Day - No School Unless Final Exam Make Ups
Tuesday, May 24 - YES Begins - Be at School by 9:15 for Prompt 9:30 Start
The BHS Spring Concert will be in the BHS auditorium TONIGHT at . Here's an opportunity to come out and support the hard working and talented BHS musicians.
Electronic Recording Arts at BTC and the BHS Music Department have made this concert easier than ever to enjoy! If you are home and have cable in Chittenden County, just turn your TV to Channel 16, RETN, and enjoy the concert LIVE!
You can still watch the concert LIVE with an Internet connected device at: http://bhstoday.watch
Thanks to the many volunteers, staff members, families and especially students who made the prestigious, state-wide BHS Invitational Track & Field event on Saturday such a success!
History is being taught at BHS celebrating the new hit musical "Hamilton." Hear all about it on this WCAX story.
Events and activities this week:
- Monday, May 3 - Thursday, May 12: AP Testing
- Thursday, May 5: Junior/Senior school assembly during Advisory sponsored by START (BHS's prevention group); All State Music Festival begins
- Friday, May 6: Advisory Pep Rally
- Saturday, May 7: SAT Testing 8:00; Green-Up Day 9:00-12:00 (get your community service hours done!); Prom 8:00-11:30 at ECHO followed by After Prom at Champlain Lanes
The Third Quarter Honor Roll is now posted on a link under Honor Roll to the left of this announcement. Congratulations!
Home events this week:
Monday, April 15 – Girls Tennis 3:30
Tuesday, April 16 - Ultimate Frisbee 4:00, JV Baseball 4:30
Wednesday, April 17 – Varsity Boys Lacrosse 4:00
Thursday, April 18 – Boys Tennis 3:30, JV Baseball 4:30
Friday, April 19 – Parent Coffee 7:30 a.m.; Boys Lacrosse JV 5:30, Varsity 7:00
Saturday, April 20 – Track and Field, 9:00
JUNIOR COLLEGE NIGHT, this Thursday, April 14 at 7:00. All juniors and their parents are invited for this informational session.
Here is the link to view this week's BHS newsletter!
BHS weekly newsletter 4-13-16
Congratulations to the BHS Unified Basketball Team who won their game on Tuesday!
We have 11th Grade SBAC Testing next week. Here is the schedule for Tuesday (White) and Wednesday (Blue), April 5 and 6.
- 8:05 - 11th Grade Testing Begins - Other Students Arrive for 11:00
- 11:00 - Block 2
- 12:00 - Block 3 including Lunch
- 1:20 - Block 4
- 2:15 - Block 1
Congratulations State Champions!
The BHS Scholars Bowl Team won the VT State Championship this weekend, defeating Middlebury High School in the finals. Congratulations to Bobby Treadwell, Oscar Smith, Sterling Ford, Ben Hunt, Mary Markley, and Audrey Nicols.
- Unified Basketball Game, Tuesday, March 29 - 3:30 BHS Gym
- 11th Grade Testing Introduction, Wednesday, March 30 - 8:05 a.m. BHS Auditorium (Bring Your Chromebooks!)
- Dialogue Night, Wednesday, March 30 - 6:30 p.m. BHS Cafeteria
- Parent-Friendly Report Card Meeting - March 31, 5:30, Sustainability Academy, with Multilingual Liaisons
- Spectrum Sleep Out - April 1, 7:00 BHS Field
- Parent Athletic Speaker: How to Be Your Child's Biggest Fan - Tuesday, April 5, 7:00, Essex High School, click here for details
Vermont State Division 1 Champions!